The Scientista Foundation is an exciting new start up that empowers pre-professional women in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) using media and online web platforms in innovative ways. (www.scientistafoundation.com). We are the first organization to provide a centralized network and resources specifically targeted to the needs of college and graduate women in STEM on a national level.
Our goals include:
1. Increasing the visibility of women in STEM
2. Creating the largest network for college and graduate women in STEM
3. Creating content and resources that empower women to pursue careers in STEM
Since our launch in November 2011, we have over 35 chapters and affiliates across the United States and Canada, and have created partnerships with national women in science organizations. Our Facebook page has over 10k fans and our blog reaches an average of 25,000 people weekly!
Are you excited about STEM education and empowering women in science and engineering? We are looking for a driven and creative director who can help The Scientista Foundation identify and manage sponsored content through for our blog and social media channels. The idea candidate would a passionate about women in STEM with a smart-savvy business sense.
As the Director of Sponsored Content, you will be responsible for overseeing the creation, editing, and publishing of our sponsered online content. You will be responsible for identifiying potential candidates for sponored content as well as managing these relationships. This role may include visual content and article creation, as well as screening and editing content from sponsors
We are looking for someone with a passion for and knowledge about editing, writing, and women in science and science student related issues. We are also looking for someone who can work well wil PR and marketing teams from sponsoring institutions.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Excellent communication and editing skills.
- Strong writing voice that will appeal to millennials.
- Great familiarity with the travails of a STEM major.
- An avid reader of feminist articles.
- Previous editing experience is highly preferred.
- Previous experience working with sponsors and knowledge of sponsored content best practices.
COMPENSATION & WHAT YOU GAIN:
The position is an unpaid, volunteer position, but may turn into a paid position in the future. The position of Editor-in-Chief offers candidates a unique opportunity to join the national team of a high-energy non-profit start-up while gaining experience managing a large staff of writers from across the nation. You will have the opportunity to work directly with the co-founders and national board of The Scientista Foundation to shape the direction and brand of the Scientista Foundation.
Previous editors, writers, and interns from The Scientista Foundation have gone on to work for The Huffington Post, Levo League, and attended prestigious universities including Stanford Law School and Harvard Law School.
* This is a part-time, remote position (you can work from anywhere).
* Time commitment: ~5-15 hours/week
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send the following materials to email@example.com:
1. Cover letter stating your interest in the position and the mission of Scientista and your previous experiences that make you a strong fit for the position of Editor-in-Chief.
2. Resume - please emphasize any related experiences including experience in editing, journalism, online media, etc.
3. Writing sample - Preferrably a news, blog or magazine article.
4. Three (3) article ideas for ScientistaFoundation.com