Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director (ED), the Development Director (Director) will spearhead development efforts as the Scientista Foundation continues to grow. A new position in the organization, the Director will have the opportunity to build the development function.
- Develop and execute the Scientista Foundation's annual fundraising plan
- Identify and apply for relevant grants and funding sources
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Manage the implementation of Raiser's Edge and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Creating and executing a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Overseeing organization of special events
- Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
- 2-5+ years experience in development and fundraising
- Demonstrated track record in fundraising a plus
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Knowledge of fundraising software
This is a remote, part-time position.
Compensation will be commensurate upon experience and performance. With proper funding, we hope a successful Director will develop this into a full-time position.
How to apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line Development Director Application