The Scientista Foundation is an exciting new start up that empowers pre-professional women in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) using media and online web platforms in innovative ways. (www.scientistafoundation.com). We are the first organization to provide a centralized network and resources specifically targeted to the needs of college and graduate women in STEM on a national level.
Our goals include:
1. Increasing the visibility of women in STEM
2. Creating the largest network for college and graduate women in STEM
3. Creating content and resources that empower women to pursue careers in STEM
Since our launch in November 2011, we have over 10 chapters and affiliates across 11+ campuses, and have created partnerships with national women in science organizations. Our Facebook page has over 4k fans and reach an average of 50,000 people weekly!
Are you a social media maven? Do you pride yourself on having a great online voice and a good eye for great internet content? We are seeking social media interns to contribute to Scientista's social media presence. Your role will be to find interesting and relevant content to share with our audience. Interns will be expected to stay up-to-date with the latest women in science news, funniest science puns, and biggest science news headlines.
Accounts you will be in charge of contributing to include Facebook: www.facebook.com/scientistafoundation, Twitter: @scientista_talk, Instagram: ScientistaFoundation, Pinterest
The ideal candidate is...
- A demonstrated, active presence and following on at least one social media platform, preferably Facebook and Twitter (Do you have a strong personal network? Are you able to generate a "buzz" around what you write?)
- A regular reader of science and tech news
- Passionate about science, STEM, and increasing diversity/ closing the gender gap
- Responsible and self-motivated. Able to stick to deadlines.
- Excellent communication & writing skills
- Create and post original content on social media platforms to engage users
- Maintain a social media schedule
- Aggregate and re-post interesting links relating to science/ women in science
- Collaborate our editors and graphic designers to publish our graphics and content (you will be responsible for coming up with engaging captions)
- Grow the number of Facebook fans and Twitter followers
- Engage with other conversations/pages/users in our space as The Scientista Foundation
- Analyze social media statistics
WHAT YOU GAIN
* Develop a strong portfolio that showcases your content, posts, and statistics for how many new users your campaign has attracted.
* Become an integral part of the Scientista Social Media and Marketing team, which will redefine what it means to be a woman in science!
* Reach a wide audience of 4000+ fans (and growing!)
* Strong recommendations and references for your great work from the co-founders and directors of the Scientista Foundation.
* Contribute to an important social cause!
Three month minimum commitment. Start date and end dates are flexible. Hours are flexible.
This is a remote position. Interns can work from anywhere.
This is an UNPAID Internship. Course credit is available upon request.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a
2. Cover Letter, and
3. Links to your personal social media accounts and/or accounts that you have contributed to in the past to join[at]scientistafoundation.com.
(Please also be sure to 'like' our Facebook page before applying!)
Email us at join[at]scientistafoundation.com.