Scientista is seeking summer MBA Fundraising Fellows to join our team and help Scientista reach its 2017-2018 fundraising goal through corporate, institutional and in-kind donations. This is an ideal position for an MBA candidate looking to gain hands-on experience in the nonprofit sector.
About the Position
Scientista MBA summer fellows will report to the BOD and work directly with the Development Director to design and begin implementing a fundraising strategy that will help take the Scientista Foundation to the next level. Responsibilities may include:
- Identifying key potential corporate sponsors
- Designing an annual gift campaign strategy
- Managing relationships with current and new sponsors
- Updating and creating sponsorship materials
- Assisting with grant applications
- Designing and implementing a metrics and creating reports to measure progress
Fellows will be staffed on projects based on their interests and skill sets.
In order to apply, candidates must have been accepted to, or currently enrolled in, an accredited MBA program.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following traits:
- You are able to take on projects with self-direction and will thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You are a people person and will represent the Scientista brand with professionalism.
- You check your emails diligently and are able to respond punctually to email communications.
- You have an ability to think creatively and outside of the box. You aren't afraid to contribute your own ideas.
- You have a passion for our mission of empowering pre-professional women in STEM.
- Demonstrated track record of non profit fundraising experience is not required but is a plus.
- You're a down-to-earth, friendly person to work with!
What You Will Gain
This is an unpaid, volunteer position but may be taken for school credit if offered through your school. Fellows will receive many benefits, including:
- Gain a stronger understanding of the current women in STEM landscape
- Make an impact on the lives of thousands of women in STEM
- Gain experience working at a scaling, high-energy nonprofit
- Develop skills necessary to execute a fundraising campaign
- Work directly with the Executive Board and Development Director
- Grow personal network of corporate and institutional contacts
- Opportunity to work with a fun, awesome team! If you're based in the NYC area you can partake in our team socials/happy hours.
- A personal reference or letter of recommendation from the Scientista founders upon a satisfactory completion of the fellowship
- The Fellowship is ~ 8 weeks (June 9- August 4; start and end dates flexible), with the possibility of extending the fellowship
- This is a part-time, remote position (you can work from anywhere). Fellows in the NYC area have the opportunity to meet with the executive team and attend social events.
- Hours are flexible; fellows may either apply as a part-time fellow (minimum 15 hours per week) or a full-time fellow (minimum 30 hours per week)